Welcome to the July Edition of Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger!
No. I am not Sea, which I am guessing you have figured out since you are not on her blog site, Book of Yum. I am Tia, which I am also hoping you have figured out since you are on my blog site. Sea is a busy, busy woman (baby and PhD, Whew! How does she do it?). So, in honor of our birthdays being so close together, I am helping her out and hosting. Actually, I thought it would be fun to try after seeing Iris at The Daily Dietribe host it. Unfortunately, I didn’t figure out that Iris was hosting it until it was over. But, I am participating this time. No excuses since I’m running it. Anyway, I hope you participate, or at least come back and read what happened. Here is what I copied from Sea’s site to remind people how it goes.
Here’s a reminder of how the event works:
Participation is simple.
1) Pick a gluten-free blogger whose recipes you admire and adopt them by commenting on this post with your name, blog name and their name and blog name.
*Blogger’s recipes must all be gluten-free or have a way to sort and read ONLY gluten-free recipes
*Please pick a different blogger every time you participate
2) Pick one (or two!) of your gluten-free blogger’s recipes to try.
3) Make the recipe, photograph it and write a post in your blog introducing the blogger and their recipe. Link back to this event announcement in your post.
*Follow the recipe as written, as closely as possible. And, please don’t print their recipe on your post- just provide your reader a link to their original recipe.
4) Email me at glugleglutenfree[at]gmail[dot]com with your photo of the recipe, the URL of your post, name of the recipe and the URL of the original blogger’s recipe post.
*Note: If you have general questions, please don’t email me at this address but post them here so everyone can read the question (and answer). Companies are NOT welcome to email me at this address, unless a representative is planning to adopt a blogger and write about it.
5) Post YOUR POST’s URL in a comment to this post, and if possible please try to visit two other blogger’s posts that are posted here (and comment!).
*The goal is to make this event more interactive and fun!
Sign up BEFORE July 25 (loose deadline; late sign-ups are ok)
Post your Review and Email me by August 3rd (firm deadline, no foolin’)
If you don’t have a blog, you are still welcome to adopt a gluten-free blogger. Sign up to adopt a blogger, write a review of one of their recipes, including your name (or pen name), the recipe URL and recipe title. Then take a photo of the completed recipe (if you can) and EMAIL ME the review and photo. I’ll create a special page just for our non-blogging participants and post it for you.
I’ll start the ball rolling by adopting Shirley Braden of gluten free easily, because she is rad and because our birthdays are also close together. I am on a birthday kick because it’s right now. Or, yesterday, since I am setting this to post the day after.
Adoption Sign-Up Sheet:
- Shirley Braden of gluten free easily (adopted by Tia of Glugle Gluten-Free)
- Elana from Elana’s Pantry (adopted by Maggie of She Let Them Eat Cake)
- Melissa of Gluten Free for Good (adopted by Wendy of Celiacs in the House)
- Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl (adopted by Kim of Cook It Allergy Free)
- Dan Kohler of Renegade Kitchen (adopted by Tinsley of Celiebo)
- Iris of The Daily Dietribe (adopted by Valerie of City Life Eats)
- Wendy of Celiacs in the House (adopted by Shirley Braden of gluten free easily)
- You Pick!
If you sign up and cannot complete this event by August 3rd for any reason, please email me immediately at glugleglutenfree[at]gmail[dot]com, and let me know. Please ONLY use this email account for Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger relevant emails.
Can’t find a blogger to adopt or looking to meet some new gluten-free friends?
Visit Sea’s Gluten-Free Blogroll