Easy! Easy, peasy! You know, I love easy.
Cooking that is. (Don’t go there!)
Don’t get me wrong. I do the whole isn’t-this-cute, I’m-going-to-pin-it-and-feel-totally-inadequate-because-mine-will-never-look-like-it thing, too. But once I get past that, it is awesome.
Anyway, I saw this picture from The Gracious Pantry (go to her actual site to see picture and her recipe) and thought, “That looks amazing!”
It’s a slow cooker recipe, which I usually love, but I make it on the stove because it is so easy to do that way, too. I can just throw it together using my leftover chicken and broth in just a few minutes. Even if the Littlest Man is tugging on me and saying, “Up.”
Plus, I turned it into a gluten-free soup by adding a bunch of chicken broth.
It’s great because I don’t have to worry about remembering before I leave the house in the morning.
It tastes great. In fact, the Little Man says it’s his favorite soup. (I think the Littlest Man likes it, too.) They both gobble it all up, every time. EVERY TIME!
Personally, I love it and all of the garnishes. Any excuse to eat avocados.
*Note – This soup is under dairy free because it is only the optional garnishes that have dairy. So you may choose your own.
- 2 Chicken Breasts (or Leftover Chicken from Easiest Way to Cook a Whole Chicken (link above))
- 32oz Chicken Broth (or Broth from Make Chicken Broth (link above))
- 2 cans Black Beans ((drained and rinsed))
- 2 cans Pinto Beans ((drained and rinsed))
- 1lb Carrots ((I use little carrots chopped in half.))
- 1lb Frozen Corn
- 1 jar Salsa
- In a very large soup stock pot add chicken, broth, black beans, pinto beans, carrots, corn and salsa.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 2-3 hours. (depending on how mushy you like your carrots)
- If using raw chicken to begin with instead of leftover, break chicken apart.
- Garnish with any or all of: cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro.
I’m linking this to Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Shirley from gfe-gluten-free easily, Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker and Lynn of Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures.
Until later, here’s to… Living Better, Easily!™