Blah! Blah! Blah!
Sorry, but that’s how I feel. No particular reason other than I am overwhelmed (as is just about every other person on this planet), and I really just want to sit and watch TV for about a week.
Do you ever get days like that? I don’t even HAVE TV anymore. We have Netflix, and we sometimes rent movies from Amazon. But, right now, I feel like calling up my cable provider and seeing if they can do an emergency delivery of mindless, boring, turn-your-brain-into-mush TV.
Do you think they could set it up in the next hour or so? But, I only want it for a couple of days.
Then, they have to take it back. Because, seriously, I can’t handle the cr@p that passes for programing on most channels.
Told you I was in a mood.
Maybe I shouldn’t write blog posts on these days?
But it does feel kind of fun putting a voice to this mood instead of just sucking it up and pretending it doesn’t exist.
Sorry to be such a bummer.
At least I have a good “recipe.”
I put recipe in quotes (Yeah, you can go ahead and picture me doing air quotes. Roll your eyes. Get it over with. Ready to go on?) because it really isn’t a big-deal, I-created-something recipe.
It is an I-really-love-going-to-Chipotle-so-I’ve-been-obsessed-with-trying-to-make-a-homemade-version recipe. It’s really not that much cheaper to make your own. Kind of another reason why I like going to Chipotle. I can totally justify it.
“But, it doesn’t cost that much more.”
“It’s so quick and made from good stuff.”
“No, McDonalds does not own it like we thought.”
Guess there was a rumor going around that McDonalds owned it. Not true. They used to own a large portion of the stock, but they sold it awhile ago. In case you cared.
Anyway, since I couldn’t figure out what to write about in this post due to my blah mood, I decided to pull this one out.
I have been saving it for just such an occasion.
OK, truth be told. The reason I have saved it is because I took such great picture of it that I had to write about it at some point. So, the pictures have been waiting and waiting in the queue for just the right occasion (The right occasion being that I had nothing else that I could come up with to write about.)
So, take a look at my lovely pictures. (Seriously! I am not the greatest photographer, so I was really impressed with myself. *Blows on fingernails. Rubs them on shirt.*)
If you ever are in the mood to make a Chipotle Burrito Bowl at home, now you have and exact step by step instruction on how to do it.
Like you need one. I mean, come on. They show you how to do it right there in the store. Oh, I LOVE that place.
- Stephanie’s (from A Year of Slow Cooking) Carnitas (I triple the spice, but that’s me. We like it spicy!) (http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2010/02/slow-cooker-carnitas-recipe.html)
- Warmed Rice
- Warmed Canned Beans (Pinto or Black. Pick your favorite.)
- Salsa (Pick your favorite.)
- Guacamole (Pick you favorite. We use TJs.)
- Chipotle Tabasco (This is a must as far as we are concerned, but go with your taste.)
- Take your bowl.
- Add some rice.
- Add some beans.
- Add some Carnitas.
- Add some salsa.
- Add some guacamole.
- Top with Chipotle Tabasco.
- Eat with a fork.
- You will notice I didn’t put measurements above. That is because you just layer this to the size of a Burrito Bowl that you want.
- If you are not into pork, you are strange. Just kidding. I’m really not that into pork except with Carnitas. Anyway, you can use Stephanie’s recipe with other meats, too. I use with with a chicken breasts all of the time. Just add a bit more liquid. Or use chicken thighs, and you don’t have to add the extra liquid.
Sorry about the lame post. I will do my best to be in a better mood in two weeks. I have a feeling I will, since this mood usually only lasts a day or two. Each month. If you know what I mean. Sorry for TMI.
Have a great week! I’m off to
watch some downloaded Real Housewives of Beverly Hills do some work. 😉
Until later, here’s to…Living better, easily!™