Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
Author: Gluten Free Gigi
- ½ c. white rice flour
- ¼ c. sorghum flour
- ¼ c. potato starch
- ⅓ c. unsweetened cocoa (I use Valrhona)
- 1 t. baking soda
- ⅛ t. sea salt
- ½ c. packed brown sugar
- 1 T. light oil (I use a very light olive oil)
- ¼ c. plain low fat yogurt (substitute unsweetened applesauce for dairy-free)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (substitute an equivalent amount of prepared egg replacer for egg-free)
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- ½ c. low fat buttermilk (substitute ½ T. white vinegar and enough rice or other plant milk to equal ½ cup for dairy-free)
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line a 12-section cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Combine flours and starch, cocoa, soda, salt, and sugar and whisk until blended.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir to blend.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined and completely moistened.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and bake for 15-17 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
Recipe by Glugle Gluten Free at http://glugleglutenfree.com/gluten-free-halloween-not-so-spooky-after-all/