Crustless Pumpkin Streusel P - Gluten Free and Dairy Free
Author: Kim at Cook IT Allergy Free
- Streusel Topping -
- 2 Tbsp Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut or Palm Sugar (or more brown sugar)
- ½ cup certified gluten-free oats (pulsed once or twice in food processor to break up oats slightly)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Organic butter, or Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Stick, or coconut oil (if using coconut oil, place in refrigerator to solidify)-cut into small pieces
- Pie Mixture -
- 1 can Organic Pumpkin Puree, or 2 cups fresh pureed Pumpkin
- 12 ounces Full-fat Organic Coconut Milk (or evaporated milk-if not Dairy-free)
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup granulated sugar (OR organic palm, or coconut, sugar)
- ½ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (I used Carol’s Amazing All Purpose Gluten Free Flour)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease pie plate (10 x 1½ inches) well, getting into the ridges.
- In small bowl, mix all Streusel Topping ingredients until pea-sized and crumbly; set aside.
- Place all Pumpkin Pie ingredients in blender or food processor in order listed. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into pie plate, not filling more than ¾ full. This will rise as it bakes. Note: This makes enough to fill my pie plate ¾ of the way full AND fill 8 oz ramekins ¾ full as well.
- Bake for 20 minutes until pie just begins to set up a little. Then sprinkle with evenly with Streusel Topping and return to oven for 30-35 minutes more.
- Once knife inserted in center comes out clean, cool about 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate about 3 - 4 hours or until chilled.
Recipe by Glugle Gluten Free at http://glugleglutenfree.com/crustless-pumpkin-streusel-pie%e2%80%a6and-uncle-norm/