All of the latest and greatest happenings going on in the gluten-free world!
OK, lets get real. I just keep reading all of these wonderful post and events and stuff going on, and I really want to share. I’m going to try to make this a weekly post about what I have found during the week. Nothing too exciting.
Or, maybe it is exciting. I don’t know. I think it’s some exciting stuff. My super-great friend, Shirley from gfe-gluten-free easily also does a round up quite often, so go check out her site if you really want to be caught up on EVERYTHING.
Anyway, here goes…
- The FDA has opened up the comments for the proposed rule on Gluten-Free Labeling. If you have an opinion, and I know you do, click on the link and then click on the big blue button on the right that says “submit a comment.”
- My friend, Lillian of Lillian’s Test Kitchen, went to Greece and talks about eating gluten-free while traveling. In Greece. And, there are pictures. Of Greece. I really want to go to Greece. But, I will settle for Lillian’s account. If you haven’t checked out Lillian’s site, yet, she does great videos of testing out gluten-free recipes in her kitchen for the first time. On camera.
- My friend (yes. I have a lot of friends online.), Heidi of Adventures of Gluten-Free Mom, tells a wonderful story of her grandmother who is 96! 96! She also includes a wonderful sounding Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe. It sounds so refreshing on a hot summer day.
- If you are looking to beat the heat, Kelly from the Spunky Coconut has a easy, dairy-free, yogurt and cherry popsicle recipe to try. (Kelly is my friend, too, but it seems weird to keep saying it. So I think I will let it go. Just remember that ALL of these people are my friends. OK, now I just sound psycho.) Kelly just had a beautiful baby girl named Ginger. So, pop on over and say congrats! And get a great recipe, too. I have the 2nd edition of her book to review. I can’t wait to get to it. Maybe I will have to do a giveaway, too. Hmmmm.
- Do you like pattypan squash? Well, even if you don’t, I think Sea’s (from the Book of Yum) recipe for Gluten-free Potato-free Pattypan Squash Latke Fritters will make you change your mind. It sounds so simple and so yummy. And, now I know what those little flat squashes are called.
- Have you heard of Bob and Ruth’s Gluten-Free Dining and Travel Club? Well, make a note of it. They plan great getaways for those who are gluten-free. You don’t have to worry about a thing. And, they have an African Safari coming up in 2012. How cool would that be?
- Don’t forget to enter the Green Beaver Personal Products giveaway.
- One more note. I got a couple of these ideas from the GIG of Marin Group. It is run by Alison St. Sure of Sure Foods Living and Sheila Wagner. I used to go to their meetings until I had to move away from the area, but they run a blog and have a great newsletter. I recommend you sign up for it, even if you don’t live around there. It has some great news in the newsletter. And, if you do live around the bay area, attend the meetings. Highly informative and great fun.
- And, last but not least, the winner of the Nutritious Creations Cookies. Trish and Alice! I will be emailing you to get your snail mail address. I hope you enjoy your treats!
I hope you have a great weekend.
Until later, here’s to…Living better, easily!™
PS – If you like this post and want to receive notices whenever a new recipe/review/rambling, etc. goes up, sign up for email updates in the upper right-hand corner of this page.