While I love doing a post about the goings on in the gluten-free community every other week, it is going to have to come to a halt for a while. Like most of you, my off-line life is getting a bit crazy, and I need to spend my time there, right now. Hopefully, I can come back to it, but who knows what the future holds. I still plan to do my regular posts, though. Right now, they are much easier to write. Thanks for sticking with me.
Now, on to the news.
There are quite a few round-up posts out there since it is the beginning of the holidays. So, let get started with those.
- Kelly form the Spunky Coconut has a round-up of Halloween theme posts. It is part of her Spunky Holiday series. If you are looking for some Halloween themed posts, this is a good place to start. Lots of great looking recipes. Lots of pumpkin recipes, if you hadn’t guessed.
- Also, Stephanie from A Year of Slow Cooking has a round-up of her own Halloween themed posts. Lots of great ideas for the crockpot. (OK, I only linked up two posts, but it adds up to a lot of posts if you count all of the ones linked up within the ones I linked up.)
- Next, let’s do some giveaways. Seems the season for giving is starting early. Well, it can never be too early as far as I’m concerned. Iris from The Daily Dietribe has three giveaways going right now. Get on over quick, because they are only open until Halloween. That’s just a couple of days away. The first giveaway is a quart of Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil. The second is NuNaturals Stevia. One 50 count box of packets and one 2oz. bottle of vanilla liquid stevia. The third giveaway is Kettle Cuisine Soups. So much to give away. Just hop on over to enter.
- Kim at Cook IT Allergy Free has a review and giveaway of The Pure Kitchen from Hallie at Daily Bites. I’m really wanting this cookbook. Maybe I will have to enter. The giveaway is open until November 3rd, so get over and enter.
- Alisa from Alisa Cooks and Go Dairy Free also has a giveaway of a $40 Whole Foods Gift Card and Almond Fresh and Ryza Non-Dairy Milks. I don’t know about you, but I could sure use that gift card with the holidays coming up. Plus, I just like almond milk.
- Lastly, we have Shirley from gfe-gluten-free easily. Or gluten-free extreme as she is calling it. Extreme is for the extreme giveaway she has going. Seriously, if I listed everything she was giving away, I would still be writing this post over the weekend. You must go take a look and enter. You could stock your whole kitchen.
- I found a couple of luscious sounding pumpkin recipes you might want to try. Sea at The Book of Yum has a delicious sounding Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe. Plus, she also has some great pictures of her pumpkins she grew. And, Baby Yum. Yep, she grew her, too.
- And, Ali from The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen has a lovely recipe for Grain-Free Pumpkin Cupcakes. Yummy, yummy! I love all of the pumpkin recipes coming out of the woodwork.
- Kim from Cook IT Allergy Free has a lovely recipe for Grain-Free Apple Puff Pancakes. I love apples, especially this time of year. Can’t get enough of them. So, a puff pancake might just be another way to enjoy their delicious goodness.
- Elana from Elana’s Pantry has a fabulous idea if you want to get you kids to eat less sugar at Halloween time, plus she has some fabulous recipes for some healthier easy treats.
- And, lastly, we have Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free and her Gluten-Free Holiday coming up. She tells you all about it and all of the wonderful things she has planned over the next couple of months. The holidays are upon us, people. The holidays are here.
Until later, here’s to…Living better, easily!™