Another week has come and gone. Happy Friday, everyone! Hope your week was good and your weekend will be even better. Lots happening in the gluten-free world, so let’s get to it.
- iPhone and iPad owners, Kim from Cook IT Allergy Free has her app (of the same name) on sale for the whole month of September. Only $3.99 for the iPhone and $6.99 for the iPad. Such a steal! Or, you can try to win one by entering on my last post, Cook IT Allergy Free App Review and Giveaway.
- Banana Chips! I love banana chips! And, so does Amy from Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free. She talks about banana chips and how to make them. I used to have a dehydrator. I loved that thing. But, I killed it. 🙁 When I get a bigger kitchen (I keep thinking positively about this one.), I will get another dehydrator because I just adore dried fruit. And, jerky. I heard you can make jerky in it.
- Elana of Elana’s Pantry has Power Bars. Goji Power Bars! And, she gives you her super easy recipe for these Goji Power Bars. I am always looking for power bar recipes. I have just never been thrilled with the ones you get in the stores. They always taste like chalk to me.
- Flo, I mean, Carol (read the post, and you will understand) from Simply… Gluten-Free has a great recipe for Chocolate Cream Pie. Oh my gosh, do I love chocolate cream pie. I haven’t had it in so long. And, this recipe sounds pretty easy. I just need to get a springform pan. Been wanting one of those anyway.
- Gluten-free, allergen free, synthetic dye free fruit loops. Did you ever think it was possible? Well, Heidi from Adventures of a Gluten-Free Mom went to the almost literal ends of the Earth to find them. Seriously! Ends of the Earth. She found them in Australia. But, lucky for us, there is a California distributor, Wholesome International. And, also lucky for us, Heidi is doing a giveaway. Hurry! It ends Monday, September 12th.
- Stephanie from A Year of Slow Cooking (It’s been way more than a year.) has a recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken in the Slow Cooker. It sounds amazing. And super, super easy. I am really looking forward to trying this one. Even though I haven’t tried it yet, I have heard a few of my friends have ,and they rave about it. So do their kids. Always good.
- Diane of The Whole Gang has a great, über easy recipe for Homemade Hamburger Helper. It takes the same amount of time and energy as boxed hamburger helper, and you know all of the ingredients. I like that. Going to have put that one in the arsenal.
- Easy Eats is a new online, gluten-free magazine that just came out. You can even get the first issue for free. Just click on over and try it out. It is from Silvana Nardone, so I am sure it is going to be amazing. I can’t wait to look at it.
- Linda from The Gluten-Free Homemaker has a recipe for Sausage and Apples. The picture makes me want to make this tonight. We are meat eaters in our household, so this sounds like a lovely dish with some good veggies on the side.
- Speaking of sausage, Lexie from Lexie’s Kitchen has a recipe for Gluten-Free Chicken Breakfast Sausage. She has such a great idea for making these up ahead of time. Pop them in your freezer. Then bring them out when you need some quick protein for breakfast. Yum!
- Nancy from the Sensitive Pantry has a recipe for Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Muffins. I love how she uses beets/applesauce to sweeten and get the “red” part. Instead of food coloring. And, she links to a lot of muffin and beet recipes at the bottom.
- Lillian from Lillian’s Test Kitchen has a couple of new episodes. She is making Vanilla Ice Cream from The Spunky Coconut Grain-Free Baked Goods and Desserts Cookbook. It sounds link it went really well. Makes me want my ice cream maker back. Of course, it would help if my old ice cream maker actually worked. Must get a new one next summer. BTW, I real love her apron. I want it. Can I have it, Lillian? (Do you think that will work?) I have been obsessed with aprons, lately. In fact, I believe it was Lillian who started my obsession. Oh, and she has a cute episode where she tries the date juice from the dates she had to soak for the ice cream.
- Zoe from Zoe’s Cup of Tea has a lovely post up about Freddie Mercury, Moustache Cookies and Freddie for a Day. I am sorry that I missed it. Since Queen isn’t as big here as it is in other countries, it totally went by me. I really liked Queen and Freddie Mercury. He was a fantastic showman. I would love to have seen them live. Yes! I am old enough to have seen Queen in concert. I remember when I was in grade school, we would run around the gym. (Seriously. Just run in circles around the gym on some days. That was our exercise.) They would play We Are the Champions a few times. Everyone would be running around the gym with their hands in their air like they were the champions. Picture it. A bunch of 3rd graders. He-he!
- And, to finish off, speaking of Freddie for a Day, Google had a great tribute on Freddie’s birthday with their Google Doodle. It wasn’t on the Google site here in the U.S., which I am sorry to hear. But, I found it on Youtube, and I really liked it. Please enjoy!
I hope you have a great weekend.
Until later, here’s to…Living better, easily!™
PS – If you like this post and want to receive notices whenever a new recipe/review/rambling, etc. goes up, sign up for email updates in the upper right-hand corner of this page.