Just to warn you right off, this sucker has a lot of veggies in it. So you can’t say I didn’t tell you so.
Well, that and my mom’s lasagna.
But I added a ton of vegetables because I am always looking for ways to make recipes I love, healthier. I can eat a ton of this gluten-free lasagna and not feel guilty.
And, my picky, picky boys like it, too. The Big Man likes it, but he will eat any kind of vegetable.
So I can get more vegetables into me. More vegetables into my boys. And it tastes pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.
OK, once again, the picture doesn’t show it looking pretty, but it tastes great, and that is what matters, right? It’s so high with all of the veggies that I can’t get it out very easily. It just kind of goes all over the place.
It also makes so much that it lasts for days. Gotta love that, too.
- 2lb Ground Beef
- 3 jars Spaghetti Sauce (25 oz. jars)
- 16oz Cottage Cheese (small curd)
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Oregano (dried)
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (dried)
- 8oz Mozzarella (shredded)
- 1lb Carrots (chopped)
- 6 leaves Chard (ripped and no center spine)
- 4 sheets Gluten-Free Lasagna Noodles
- 1lb Broccoli (chopped)
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- Add spaghetti sauce and simmer
- While that is simmering, mix together cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, oregano and parsley.
- Layer in your slow cooker, meat sauce, gluten-free lasagna noodles, broccoli, cottage cheese, chard, mozzarella cheese, carrots, and again.
- Save enough meat sauce and mozzarella for another layer.
- After the second layer of carrots, add another layer of meat sauce.
- Add the rest of the mozzarella on top.
- Put the lid on.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
There is a lot of water after it is done because of all of the vegetables. I just use a turkey baster and drain it off. No problem.
So, to recap, if you are trying to get anyone to eat more veggies, and they like lasagna, give this a try. It’s pretty easy with the short cuts.
I’m linking this to Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Shirley from gfe-gluten-free easily, Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker and Lynn of Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures.
Until later, here’s to…Living Better, Easily!™